Comment on page
The fastet way to start observing your dApp and gain valuable insights.
- Sign up by eMail or wallet
- If you sign in by email you will receive a Magic Link in your inbox
Blocktorch sign in screen
- At your first log we are asking you about some info about you to get to know each other better
Blocktorch wants to get to know you
Blocktorch home with Uniswap V3 data as demo
- Search for the smart contract of your choice in "Contracts" >> "Add Contract"
Blocktorch contract overview
- We will detect which chain the contract address is deployed on, choose the one you want to start gaining insights from by clicking on the name with the chain logo next to it
Blocktorch adding a contract
- We automatically fetch the ABI if the contract is verified and published on a block explorer. In case the contract is not published and verified please provide the contract ABI by uploading the json, which will stay private
- Feel free to rename the contract
- Click "Save" on the top right
Add your contract by saving on the top right corner
3. Start exporing the data and gain inisights by clicking to Blocktorch logo to go back to the home screen. Dive into global KPIs about performance, efficiency and health.
- 4.Build your first custom monitor
- To build your own custom monitors or investigate the data navigate to "explore"
Explore building monitors in Blocktorch
- Build a query of your choice you want to set the monitor on. For example monitor the gas used by transactions that have not succeeded, thus "wasted gas" by users
- Build your query.
- Smart contract: Universal Router Uniswap V3 on ethereum
- Metric: Transaction Gas Used
- Filter: where Transaction Status != SUCCEEDED
- Operator: SUM
- Choose a time window for monitoring this query on a rolling basis.
- Example: 1 hour. This means the monitor sums up the amount of gas used by failed and revereted transactions each hour
- Choose a target you want to achieve. If the target is breached the monitor will trigger an alert.
- Example: 1200000000
- Give the monitor a descriptive title as well as some more description.
- Save your monitor on the top right of your window.
Creating the first monitor
- 5.Dive into the logs to find all details about single transactions
- Navigate to "search"
- Build a query you want to search specific logs from.
- For example to investigate why transactions from our monitor above surpassed our target treshold look for failed transactions in the Uniswap Universal Router V3 contract on ethereum in the time window of the breach.
Searching for transaction logs in blocktorch
- Click on any transaction to open full details about the transaction including stack traces and analytics about the method
- Bonus: feel free to share your exact query and results with others by sharing the URL ℹ️ sharing search results with others will invite them to your project
Share your blocktorch search result by sharing the URL
Congrats you have successfully explored blocktorch to gained the fastest insights into web3 you can get 🥳 Now have fun digging deep to explore the full power of the platform!